If my child does not have insurance can they still receive the flu vaccine?
- Yes, we will immunize while we have inventory of the vaccine for the underinsured or non insured students.
How do I register my child for the School Immunization?
- Students will be provided with a parental consent form. No child will be immunized without a completed form on file. If your school is not part of this effective program please contact your School Superintendent. Ask them to contact the Health Hero team to discuss.
Will I receive documentation of what vaccine my child receives?
- Each child will receive a form with the vaccine given and the date of administration.
Who is in charge and running the School Immunization?
- Every school clinic will have a Health Hero registered nurse on site at all times.
As a parent, do I need to be at school when my child receives the Influenza vaccine?
- No, only parental consent forms need to be turned in.
What if my child refuses to be immunized?
- No student will be restrained in order to give the vaccine.
Where can I find out more information about FluMist?
- You can find out more by going to flumistquadrivalent.com. We use FluMist in years when the CDC or ACIP recommend that method. Please contact us if you have any questions whether your school will receive injection or FluMist immunizations.
Does my child really need the flu vaccine?
- The Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDEC) recommends a yearly flu (influenza) vaccine for all children. The flu vaccine offers protection from seasonal flu and H1N1 flu (swine flu).
Isn't there a chance my child can get the flu from this vaccine?
- No. The nasal FluMist vaccine cannot give you the flu. The FluMist is well tolerated and the most commonly reported side effects are mild and include runny nose and nasal congestion.